Habitat - Indoor :: Inside Tank Fogging - Cleaning Tip Needed

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm   Inside Tank Fogging - Cleaning Tip Needed

ok, just above the water line, i am starting to see fogging. How do others keep this part clean? Any tips would be appreciated!
mealto
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mar 10, 2013

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:15 pm   Re: Inside Tank Fogging - Cleaning Tip Needed

Is it hard water stains or shed skin? I usually just use paper towels. When I'm cleaning the tank, I use a plastic brush. If there is dried skin, I take out a razor scraper.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:32 am   Re: Inside Tank Fogging - Cleaning Tip Needed

Let me try paper towels. It looks like minerals from the water.
mealto
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mar 10, 2013

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:20 am   Re: Inside Tank Fogging - Cleaning Tip Needed

Vinegar also helps with mineral deposits.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:24 am   Re: Inside Tank Fogging - Cleaning Tip Needed

I usually use vinegar because Sheldon gets ring around the tank. lol
1 RES - A girl named Sheldon
1 feeder fish - affectionately named Fishy - RIP 5/27/12
User avatar
cutepanda86
 
Posts: 1095
Joined: Feb 24, 2012
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 154 guests