Habitat - Indoor :: Base Cabinet As Tank Stand?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 pm   Base Cabinet As Tank Stand?

I am moving my 3 baby yellow belly sliders into a 36 x 18 x 18 tank, 40 breeder I think, and I couldn't find a stand for it but I came across a base cabinet on Craigslist for $10 that is 36 x 21 so I bought it... My question is, will I have to reinforce the cabinet to hold the tank? It seems pretty sturdy...

Thanks,
Robert
remendowski
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 4, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:24 pm   Re: Base Cabinet As Tank Stand?

I might suggest that if the top of the cabinet is open doesnt have a counter top on it. that you find a way to create a top to it. A series fo 2x4s or 3/4 inch plywood would work. This will allow for an even weight distribution. Is there any way you could include some pictures of the cabinet?
1 male RES - Franklin
2 gold fish and 1 silver Fathead Minnow that started out as feeder fish & earned their right to live
3 Leopard Geckos - Gizmo, Snow and Boo
My Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33545
MEandYouPhoto
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Aug 26, 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 pm   Re: Base Cabinet As Tank Stand?

It was without a top so I added 3/4 inch mdf to the top with some liquid nails and a few screws from underneath...I'm not sure how to include pics from an iPad...
remendowski
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 4, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 pm   Re: Base Cabinet As Tank Stand?

Add the photobucket app to you iPad then upload pictures to photo bucket then use the IMG link to post picture on here
1 male RES - Franklin
2 gold fish and 1 silver Fathead Minnow that started out as feeder fish & earned their right to live
3 Leopard Geckos - Gizmo, Snow and Boo
My Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33545
MEandYouPhoto
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Aug 26, 2012
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 am   Re: Base Cabinet As Tank Stand?

I'd definitely reinforce it... does the cabinet have plinths or adjustable feet?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests