I apologize if this has been discussed before, but a quick search and I couldn't find much on the topic of fake plants. I have two RES in my tank, they're almost a year old now. They recently got put into their new tank which is quite a bit bigger than their old one, and the first thing I did is put quite a few live plants in with them and it looked fantastic, but as usual they have reduced the live plants to nothing more than empty pots in no time at all, replacing them is going to get expensive. I'm interested in putting fake plants in the tank but I am worried if they try to eat them and ingest some of the material, the last thing that I want is for them to get sick. Are there any recommendations on what kind of fake plants, silk or plastic etc, or would it be best to just leave them out altogether?
Thanks for any help, it's really appreciated!

