Other Turtle Discussion :: Turtle Abuse Stories

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 am   Re: Turtle Abuse Stories

sflemin2 wrote:What?! How is that legal?! PETA cant do anything.. I have plenty of opinions about PETA that I will keep to myself. But how is that possibly legal?!


I completely agree. Not always am I a big PETA fan, but in this case I was hoping they would come through. I might give up posting here about turtle filters and water quality and take aim at ending this snapperfest atrocity instead.
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 am   Re: Turtle Abuse Stories

Our pet stores here would keep about 20 to 30 hatchlings or 20 yearlings in a 6" container. The turtles pile on top of each other. Water is barely an inch high and full of dirt. Swimming area is the size of one or 2 turtles leaving no room to really move about. Feel bad about the turtles. Im not sure whether they get sold or just die since on my next visit only five or less would be left. If only I can care for more than 1 turtle I'll get them and care for them.
darla1699
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Mar 16, 2012

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 93 guests