This morning I noticed a smell coming from my RES's tank. It smells acidic like vomit. I haven't actually seen her vomit, but the smell is like that. I also noticed in the bottom of her tank is white stuff: some slimy (almost like a clear glue that has sat in the water) looking stuff and some stuff look like shavings of coconut. It's very bizarre and I've never seen anything in her tank like that before. She's swimming fine, she's eating, I don't see any change in her behavior, but i notice this acidic smell and this in the bottom corner of her tank. Any help is appreciated!
How big is your turtle? about 6"w x 7"l (I'm guessing because I'm at work)
How long have you had it? 5 years
Photo of her tank:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 0430_n.jpgWhat is the water temperature? 73
Did you use a thermometer? yes
Are you using a water heater? no
How much water is in there? about 8" deep
Are you using a water conditioner? no
Are you using any filtration? yes Magnum 350
What is the basking temperature? 80
Is there a basking light? yes
Is there a basking platform that is easy to climb on? yes
What kind is it or what is it made out of? the basking area is reptile mulch with pebbles on top
Is there a UVB light? no
What have you been trying to feed it? Reptomin sticks
When was the last time your turtle ate? this morning after noticing the issue in the tank
How big is the tank/pond/enclosure? about 60-70 gallons? I'm not totally sure, I can' remember. Here is a photo of the tank with nothing in it:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 3002_n.jpgIs the tank near a window? yes, but the sunlight does not shine directly onto her tank
Is the tank in a room with a lot of activity? yes it's in my living room
Have you read the Basic Care section?
Have you searched the forums for similar situations? yes
Is there any other unusual activity/symptoms? not that i see
And by the way. I recently did a full water change. So i thought it was very strange for any bad smell to be coming out of a freshly cleaned tank.