Habitat - Indoor :: both nesting area and basking area

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:29 am   both nesting area and basking area

alright, I've decided I need to build a basking area outside of the tank to expand Malu's swimming area.

I've doodled up some designs that I know my grandpa or dad will have no problem of helping me with. It would be easy to just build a basking area, but I'm trying to fit a nesting area there too. I'm thinking maybe have a thin piece of wood between the nesting area and basking area would be good, and then i could just move the piece of wood when she seems to want to nest (which hasn't happened yet).

if any of you have any pictures to share of designs of basking area and nesting areas in one, please do. :)
-Grace & Malu

1 RES named Malu
User avatar
graceandmalu
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Location: Pennsylvania

Post Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:50 am   

I'm not sure if there are any in there, but check through the ATBA sticky.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 am   

This was in a different post, but it has a nesting area.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3mn7imoPEc
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:41 pm   

thank you steve.
untsmurf, I've looked through all 19 pages of the sticky.

my grandpa helped me build my basking area today. hoping to get some accesories for it today so I can put it up.

if there is a forum on nesting areas I'd like to read it
-Grace & Malu

1 RES named Malu
User avatar
graceandmalu
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Jun 15, 2010
Location: Pennsylvania

Post Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:09 am   

There isn't a specific one, though we'll love to see some pictures if you can post them!
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 112 guests