Habitat - Indoor :: My turtle got a new story on his house

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:01 pm   My turtle got a new story on his house

Well, it took a while, but I finally got it built. Have a look

Image

Image
User avatar
holidae
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Location: Norco, CA

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:54 pm   

Cool setup. Congrats.
Check out my blog at: http://turtleaffairs.wordpress.com/
Tank #1:
~Charlie - 4 inch male RES
Tank #2:
~Charlotte - 6 inch female RES
worldpeace
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:13 pm   

very nice
65 Gallon
-1 RES (Myrtle)
-1 Pleco (unnamed)
-1 four lined pimelodus catfish (unnamed)
-1 shubunkin (unnamed)
29 Gallon Planted Tank
-3 cory cats
-# guppies!
User avatar
rsour24
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Location: PA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:17 pm   

Very nice! One of these days I ought to do something fancy like that!
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm   

That's awesome!! lucky Turds... hehe

The hubby is getting ideas on what he is going to do when Baby Charlie gets bigger!! It's funny but very cute, I'm glad he's so involved!
Carrie ♥'s Turtles :)

1 RES; Charlie (brand new addition)
3 Cats; Baby, Blue & Molly
1 Little dog; Kiki
1 Bunny; Lola
1 Loving husband
User avatar
Carrie-LuVsTuRtLeS
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sep 16, 2009

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:31 pm   

good job, very nice
User avatar
insane
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Dec 12, 2008

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:01 pm   

I like it, but I think it'd be a nice touch if you'd get a background for the tank. That's about all I see missing. The top is pretty sweet though-good craftsmanship!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my sig is useless. Without my sig, I am useless.
Mech Cb
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Jul 17, 2009
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:14 pm   

may I ask why you decided to run the filter pipes all the way over the basking area instead of drilling holes for them to pass through? It seems like the filter would have a much harder time pumping that extra 18 inches or so.
-Chris
User avatar
papoopeepoo
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Dec 1, 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:26 pm   

papoopeepoo wrote:may I ask why you decided to run the filter pipes all the way over the basking area instead of drilling holes for them to pass through? It seems like the filter would have a much harder time pumping that extra 18 inches or so.


You know, once I built the damn thing, I thought the same thing. :x
It was already sanded, painted and assembled and I took the lazy way out. I was eager to get this project done and probably once I get some more time, I'll do it right, but for now, it stays.
User avatar
holidae
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Location: Norco, CA

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:28 pm   

fair enough. it looks nice, regardless. nice work.
-Chris
User avatar
papoopeepoo
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Dec 1, 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:53 pm   

that is very nice. I was thinking about making one of those do you have any suggestions?
1 Red Eared Slider- Izzy (female)
User avatar
corey7144
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Apr 15, 2008
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:50 pm   

corey7144 wrote:that is very nice. I was thinking about making one of those do you have any suggestions?


Well, it's really nothing special, the design is very simple, but you can look at this, I just made it up in paint.

Image

I just cut the pieces with a skill saw and some with a table saw, sanded and painted them, glued and screwed them together.

The front is actually removable, and a piece of plexiglass is glued to the back of the door.
User avatar
holidae
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Oct 29, 2007
Location: Norco, CA

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:23 pm   

neat, thankyou.
1 Red Eared Slider- Izzy (female)
User avatar
corey7144
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Apr 15, 2008
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:09 am   

What size tank is that?
res08
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Mar 30, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 pm   

Wow, what a neat idea! Now, I want something like that!
beaner
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sep 28, 2009

Next

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests