Habitat - Indoor :: fish tank prices

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:12 pm   

Check out Craigslist
1 F RES 9" (Kingler)
1 F Belize Slider 7" (Agamemnon)
My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/condorboy1/videos
User avatar
Linus
 
Posts: 1260
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:26 pm   

I've noticed that with glass fish tanks, the prices for them don't drop as much as an acrylic tank. Does anyone agree with that?
danny123
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Location: californiaaaaaa

Post Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 pm   

I just bought a 180 gallon tank for my turt for $180 from Craigslist. I've been looking for a couple of months now and ran across this one and I'm picking it up tomorrow!
1 RES Barnie, 4 years old
7 dogs, all rescues (Misty, Chewbacca, Lexus, Toby, Sable, Claree, Harley)
1 cat, Eric
trudykurz
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Nov 4, 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:45 am   

Awesome!! Put up pics when you get it. and make sure it holds water before you hand over the money!
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 am   

how scratched up do you think a 7-10 year old plexi glass fish tank would be? lol this guy has one for sale, TRUVU brand, for a decent price
danny123
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Location: californiaaaaaa

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:59 am   

I bought my 'breeder 40 gallon' tank for $120 new. I found a 50 gallon tank for $109 (it is 2 inches shorter than a 55g and 5 inches wider as well - you have to special order this one). I bought a 55g for my RES and ended up being way too narrow after awhile.
*Happy* *Happy* *Joy* Joy*

2 Red eared sliders (Rocki and Trixi)
2 Russian tortoise (Hermi and Lela)
2 Goldfish (adopted by turtles)

1 Cat (Miss Kitty)
1 Loach
1 Baby Molly
User avatar
rockyntrixi
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Aug 13, 2008

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:19 pm   

im getting a used 55 gallon truvu + stand for 25 dollars hopefully friday!
danny123
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Jul 11, 2008
Location: californiaaaaaa

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:56 pm   

Thanks Christi I will make sure he fills it before I buy it!
1 RES Barnie, 4 years old
7 dogs, all rescues (Misty, Chewbacca, Lexus, Toby, Sable, Claree, Harley)
1 cat, Eric
trudykurz
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Nov 4, 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 pm   

I wouldn't go acrylic it gets scratched to easily, thats just me though:)
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 99 guests