Habitat - Indoor :: turtle tanks

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:38 pm   turtle tanks

Hi, I was just wondering if it is ok to buy a turtle tank that is built for a turtle. The tank I want to buy has a basking spot and ramp built into it. It's on glasscages.com. Is it ok to have one like that?
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:40 pm   

glasscages.com makes some very nice tanks that would work well. just make sure it is big enough since you wont be able to fill it to the top.
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:42 pm   

Thanks for the quick reply! I may ask them to raise the basking spot higher so I can fill the tank with more water. I'll buy a lamp hanger to hang my MVB so it's not too close.
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:52 pm   

i've always like the tanks they have there. my dad and i were actually thinking about getting a tank from there but the shipping is costly. luckily though my uncle is thinking about getting rid of his aquarium that is either 2 or 3 hundred gallons. hopefully that will be my next tank
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:59 pm   

Those are some very cool tanks they have. Which one are you considering?
I have two female red ear sliders.
Chimpy - 5.5 inches
Chompy- 6.0 inches
Both were born about 7/2007
Got them -- 9/2007
User avatar
bradmeisel
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Location: Flushing, New York

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:16 pm   

I am thinking of getting a 90 gallon glass turtle tank with a higher basking spot. I live near Chicago so I'm going to pick it up there. My dad called them and they come to Chicago once a month or so. Common carriers cost like 300 bucks! I'm definitely going to pick it up.
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:57 pm   

Daniel,2 or 3 hundred gallons! Holy $#!% thats a big tank! What are the dimensions on something like that?
1 RES Yertle
2 Painted Miles & Coltrane
bearsphan3.14
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 20, 2008
Location: Big Ol' State Of DE

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:04 pm   

i think he said its over 6 feet long 28 inches wide but im not sure how tall. i dont know if those are right though because i cant really remember what he told me. ive seen it though and it is massive. its the biggest tank ive seen in person
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:27 am   

If you do get it, you better take like a zillion pictures of it for us.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:49 pm   

oh of course i will. if i do end up getting it im not looking forward to having to figure out a way to get in the house
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:15 pm   

200-300.... *drool*
3 RES : Comet , Einstein, Lotte
2 Leopard Geckos : Jake and Jenny
1 Bichon Frise : Mike

I'm not scared of the dark, I'm scared of whats in it.
User avatar
Lantic
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Sep 15, 2008
Location: California, Orange County

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:08 pm   

Thanks for those who helped me. I got some info on media so thanks!
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 98 guests