Habitat - Indoor :: My RES pictures

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:22 am   My RES pictures

I just want to share my set-up. Here's home to my 6 month old RES named "Chief".

10g Tank (im planning to get a bigger one)
Sand
Driftwood
Piled river rocks
plastic plant
6 swordtails (originally 5 lang sila, nanganak yung female)
700 l/hr sea quest powerhead + overhead filter box
10 watts ReSun Flourescent (Im planning to get a UVB set-up for my bigger tank)
60 watts incandescent lamp (heatlamp)

Image

Image

Image

Image
I love Turtles! Pinoy po ako!
damboombastic
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 29, 2008
Location: Quezon City

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am   

Very pretty turtle

And are you sure thats a 10 gallon?

Sure looks bigger
Chris (Turtle Newb in training)
2 tiny RES (Cuff and Link)
1 3 Toed Boxie (Ms. Pineapple)
1 Dwarf Bunny (Mischa)
User avatar
chrisinva
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Aug 25, 2008
Location: Virginia

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:04 am   

Thanks... Yup! It's a ten gallon tank... just took a really close shot of it.
I love Turtles! Pinoy po ako!
damboombastic
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 29, 2008
Location: Quezon City

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:58 am   

Wow, it looks like you set up the tank really well. Just be careful that the rocks can't fall over.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 pm   

They're quite secured... but i still check everyday. Chief is still too small to topple it down. Im planning to buy a bigger and permanent tank and try to make an above tank basking area. This 10g wouldn't be his home for long... thanks for the comment... :)
I love Turtles! Pinoy po ako!
damboombastic
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 29, 2008
Location: Quezon City

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:07 am   

I found a piece of driftwood from a petstore. So i removed a lot of rocks giving the tank a lighter weight and my RES a bigger swimming space. I was also able to raise the water level by an inch...

Image
I love Turtles! Pinoy po ako!
damboombastic
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 29, 2008
Location: Quezon City

Post Posted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:52 pm   

That's great!! Looks a lot more secure than the rocks.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests