Equipment Review and Discussion :: Pythons and tank tops

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:35 pm   Pythons and tank tops

I was measuring today from my room to the downstairs sink. I had the beginning of the measuring tape on the floor. The total was 46 feet. So if I got a python, I would have 4 feet left for extra room on it. My question is, should i get the 50 ft or the 75 foot python? I dont know if my measuring was perfectly correct or anyrthing, so should i take the risk and get a 50 footer? The differnce between the 2 is $14. Which one should i get?! :roll:

And another question too-
What would be a good tank top to get for a 55 gallon tank? I was thinking about getting this one?- http://www.bigalsonline.com/StoreCatalo ... =0&offset=
does it look good? or should i get a different one?
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:03 pm   

I'd say go with the 50 footer, the shorter it is, the more powerful the suction is. If it is too short you can just get a 10 or 20 foot extension...

Python Extension at BigAl's

That screen top looks fine, you will have to cut a hole in it for the UVB though. :)
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:09 pm   

Ok great then, I will get the 50 foot python!! :D And....the screen top, how does that stay on the tank? Does it like hook on or something? And i was thinking I would have to cut holes for the lights..
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:13 pm   

You can ethier weigh it down with something, or buy the clips for it, that bigal's doesn't sell.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/20 ... erm=209461
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:12 pm   

hey emma whats up?...hy what is a python and what are you measureing for your basement?..
heather
**********
RES-Scooter
RES-Speedy
hknutson_19
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:24 pm   

Pythons allows you to take all the tank water in your tank and dump and change the water in the sink. It's so you don't have to take like 100 buckets downstairs just to fill your tank. A python is a great help when changing the water in your tank and refilling it.
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:14 pm   

I'd get the 75 footer - I'd rather have extra slack than a tight fit.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:29 pm   

Yeah, I think I might get that one instead of the 50, hopefully I will have enough money for the 75...
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:22 am   

I was looking at those at the pet store, and an emploee gave me a suggestion instead - and its worked wonders.

Its an attachment that you can hook up to any sink with threading (as my basement sink, near my room does) and then you hook up an ordinary garden hose to it.

Had a garden hose kicking around, works great. Can drain my 70 gallon tank in less than 10 minutes.
User avatar
DocShay
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Oct 31, 2007


Return to Equipment Review and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests