Equipment Review and Discussion :: Looking for a quieter Air Pump!!

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:33 pm   Looking for a quieter Air Pump!!

I've been using a Elite 799 5 gallon air pump in my 50 gallon tank, the air pump vibrates a lot so I've put it on a towel to prevent it from moving. It makes a slight hum that bothers me at night since it is in my room.

I've just bought a air stick? About 10 inches long and when I plug my air pump in it, only the side I plug it into bubbles instead of the whole bar (the bar is leveled, flat on the bottom of my tank).

I'm guessing that I need a stronger air pump to be able to fill the bar up with air. I've used the Elite for about a year and I would like any suggestions on a good silent one. Should I get a 10 gallon air pump this time to make the whole bar fill up?

Thanks!!
CrossKnight
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 22, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:24 am   

I ditched my Elite for a Whisper air pump and haven't looked back. It is SOOO much quieter!
User avatar
thegrandpoohbah
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Oct 14, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:59 am   

Yes, i agree, get the Whisper, they are awesome. I have a couple of Whisper 20s on my two fish tanks, and they are nearly silent. Not expensive either. I got a gigantic Whisper 60 for my turtle tank (he loves bubbles) and it makes a little more noise, but it pumps an unbelieveable amount of air through the bubbble wands. You should get at least a 20 to make sure it's powerful enough for the depth of water in your tank.
Adrienne!
2.0 RES: Turtley and Samson
1.0 Lutino Cockatiel: Lilly
assorted fish, hermit crabs, bugs etc.
User avatar
octpusgirl8
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Feb 21, 2007
Location: Baltimore MD

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm   

Thanks so much for the opinions, I'll go get one today. Hopefully my local pet store has one, I'll let you guys know what I think! ^_^
CrossKnight
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 22, 2006

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:31 am   

So far I've spent one night with it in my room and it is a big difference! So silent and unlike the elite, it doesn't move at all!

Thanks again guys.

^_^
CrossKnight
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 22, 2006


Return to Equipment Review and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests