Equipment Review and Discussion :: Using Aqua-Safe... Is it safe for turtles too?

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:04 pm   Using Aqua-Safe... Is it safe for turtles too?

I chucked the lousy Wardley conditioner that just ended up couding the water, and replaced it with Aqua-Safe, something I got more bang for my buck with in the fish tank. Is it cleared for turtles too? It says it encourages protective slime for fish, and personally, I wouldn't want gunk on their shell.
-Daniel-
User avatar
DanielRES1180
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:33 pm   

I used to use that a long time ago and had no problems (this is to dechlorinate, right?). Reptisafe, a dechlorinator and conditioner I also used to use also says it helps form a protective coating on fish as well as adding electrolytes to the water, so I think that's pretty much par for the course. As long as it eliminates both chlorine and chloramine, it should be OK.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA


Return to Equipment Review and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests