Page 1 of 1

Zoo Med Turtle Filter

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:42 pm
by Brianthedog18
Has anyone used this before? It seems too good to be true, it's an out of tank filter (so no noise) and all the 'reviews' say it keeps the tank very clean. And, it's really cheap! What do you all think?

http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.ph ... cts_id=404

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:43 pm
by Brianthedog18
Oops, never mind, it says up to 30 gallons. Sorry lol

zoo med filters...eh

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:42 pm
by princessrjs
I just changed filters to the zoo med. I bought two and put them at opposite ends of the tank. It is very quiet, and easy to clean. However, it doesn't work any better then my old filters did. I still have to clean 50% of the water a few times a week. It does create a nice waterfall effect that keeps the water circulating better then my old filters though. It's a toss up.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:39 pm
by steve
Did the Zoo-Meds have a greater tank rating/GPH rating than your previous filter?