Page 1 of 1

Shark sand filter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:50 pm
by windowskiller987
My old cascade 100 had just died after I had it for 5 months. The woman at the pet store had told me that someone had came in to the store to return a Cascade 100 so she tried to convince me to buy the twice as expensive Shark sand filter:? . Now that my filter had died I decided to buy the Shark Filter which claimed that it do up to 60 G.P.H:o . This filter was a rip-off It immediately slowed down & never cleaned up any of the crap in the water:( :( . So now I have bought a cascade 600 which claims up to 50 G.P.H. This Cascade does much better than the Shark. I would recommend this Filter for anyone who has a 50 gallon tank or smaller. :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:31 pm
by cam722
60 gph? That to me is barely moving any water.... :) What size tank do you have? The aquaclear series is much much better.. heck the 110 is rated at like 500gph. It costs like $35 on Petsmart.com but you can take the ad into their stores and they will give you the online price. Btw, I have a 75 gallon tank and have the Aquaclear 110.. :) A filter should be rated for at least 2-3 times the size of your tank, so if you have a 50 gallon tank you should be getting a filter rated for between a 100-150 gph... I think I have that right.. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:35 pm
by windowskiller987
oh.......