Equipment Review and Discussion :: Sterilzing used filter? (xp3)

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:55 pm   Sterilzing used filter? (xp3)

I bought an used xp3 off of Ebay. Should I be concerned about used filter parts? Can they transmit disease etc? Can I somehow sterilize it?

And about the clay rings... It says don't rinse with tap water, but isn't that what you use to fill up the tank with?

Thanks!
Yaddle
 
Posts: 57
Joined: May 23, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:39 pm   

I don't know about sterlizing it but the thing about the rings, if you rinse them in tap water it kills all the good bacteria. You're supposed to get some tank water (before you change it) and rinse them in that so they keep the bacteria on them.
1 RES - Sgt. Pepper (approx. 4")
User avatar
Sgt. Pepper
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 7, 2007
Location: Denton, Tx


Return to Equipment Review and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 90 guests