Equipment Review and Discussion :: Pond filters?

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:59 pm   Pond filters?

I'll be looking to upgrade my pond filter sometime in the next few months. It's about 120 gal & I'm using a Beckett small pond submersible (210 gph - also diverts to the waterfall) It's not perfect, but I don't mind frequent water changes...my plants LOVELOVELOVE the turtle water.

Money will be a bit of an issue, but what I'm really trying to find out now is just some basic info on types & prices (I'm truly a filter DUMMY!) as well as your experiences. Thanks!
Tamara
9" f pen cooter-Liza; 5" m RES-Mercer
5.5" f ornate dbt-Lucy
2 3/4" missi map-Jimi; 1.5" painted-Bob
1 dog, 1 cat, 1 bird, 3 kids, 1 hubby

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it"
--Mark Twain--
User avatar
FLhaven4strays
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sep 30, 2007
Location: Holiday, FL

Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:10 am   

I use the Clear Water Bio Pond Filter System. It takes the guess work out. It comes with a Bio Filter and fish mate Model 3000 Pond Pump. (800 gph) I use this for my 60 gal. turtle pond. I got it at Doctors Foster and Smith. You can call for a catalog. 1-800-443-1160 or look on line. DrsFosterSmith.com It really works great, and I hardly ever do a water change. I clean out the filter pad every other day. I also vacuum the bottom with a little vac. The plants also help keep it clean. It really does the job. Right now it is on sale for $199.99 from 229.99. They also have smaller ones for cheaper. I like this because it comes with the pump, and you don't have to figure out what size bio to get with what size pump.
Terry
User avatar
Terryo
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Feb 19, 2007
Location: New York


Return to Equipment Review and Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests