Page 1 of 1
Tetra ReptoMin Soft Gel

Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:28 pm
by daredevilgirl013
http://www.tetra-fish.com/catalog/product.aspx?id=151
That is the product I have been eyeing for a while. The pet store just got it in and I wondered if it would be good for Michelangelo to eat since he's going through a eat everything phase and this might be good for him and he might actually eat it.
Let me know if it's safe or not cause if it is I might get a little jar of it (they have small ones) and try it.

Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:46 pm
by steve
I don't think those gel-type products are for aquatic/semi-aquatic turtles. From what I have seen, they use the food in gel form so it stays moist. For instance, I think I've seen gel supplements for crickets.

Posted:
Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:49 pm
by fishandcandy
It looks like this is more for a fruit eater.

Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:23 pm
by marisa
I don't think it would hurt your turtle, but look at the contents, especially the protein and fat content before you buy. If you read the description in your link, the product is really for land-based turtles, iguanas, etc, though. The thing with the gel is that it won't float, so I think it would be more suitable for bottom feeders; but if your turtle likes to pick food off the bottom...I occasionally offer another product that doesn't float (but says it's for aquatic turtles). It sinks to the bottom like a rock and makes a real mess when my turts tear it up (which they do really quickly).

Posted:
Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:15 pm
by daredevilgirl013
mine is a bottom feeder. If it ain't on the bottom he won't eat it unless it's his pellets. Which he knows when those are put in.

Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:23 am
by joeybsmooth
Would these be good for turtles that don't like to eat their veggies ?

Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:29 pm
by Arisu
joey, I was thinking the same thing. I've seen this in my local pet places and was thinking about buying them for Chopper, then one that is scared of everything and will only eat pellets and the occasional krill.
It is obviously made for land animals but I think a terrapin that doesn't eat their veggies/fruits MAY benefit off this. (that is, if the gel can even withstand the water)