Page 1 of 1
when to upgrade to the big boy food

Posted:
Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:51 pm
by daredevilgirl013
I'm just wondering, when should I upgrade Michelangelo to the big boy food aka the sticks and stuff. He's still on hatchling food that I got with him when I bought him but I thought maybe at the two inch mark to start feeding him the big stuff or is that too soon? He'd still have a ways to go before he gets to 2 inches, since he's only 1.5 but I was just wondering.

Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:11 am
by Emily
That's a good question. I'd like to know that too.

Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:21 am
by sonyj
I've had Koopa since June and am still feeding the hatchling Reptomin pellets. I will continue to do so for as long as the little canister lasts me. I don't see any rush in switching personally. They are still considered hatchlings for a year and then they are yearlings, so there shouldn't be any harm since he's still that small and the baby pellets have the nutrition in them that he needs.


Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:06 am
by steve
There's a very minor nutritional difference (more calcium) between Baby Reptomin and regular Repotomin. The regular Reptomin should be cheaper since you can buy it in larger containers.

Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:39 pm
by buffyfan9005
I started Veronica out on regular Reptomin pellets. I'm guessing she's only a couple months old and she's done fine with them since the beginning. At first it took her a bit to eat each pellet, waiting for it to soften up and then nipping at it for a few minutes. Now she can down a pellet quite quickly.
So I think you can switch to the regular size pellets whenever you want. Veronica's done fine with them.

Posted:
Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:21 pm
by andywoo87
When mine was a hatchling, I just broke up the sticks and he had no problem with them.

Posted:
Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:11 pm
by marisa
And I'm still giving my painteds the Reptomin Baby (rotated with other foods). I don't think it makes a really big difference when you change over.