Feeding and Nutrition :: Healthy herp frozen aquatic diet

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:06 am   Healthy herp frozen aquatic diet

I have those frozen cubes from healthy herp, but when I let it heat up a little bit and give it to Mats, it gets all messy in the tank and he doesn't care to eat it. Do you have a better way to give frozen food cubes to my turt? can I give it to him frozen?
1 YBS "Maturin"
2 Cynops Orientalis, Chomp and Sally

See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
Cryptic
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Jul 18, 2009
Location: Montréal, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 pm   

You can take him out and put him into a feeding dish that way the mess isn't in your tank.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm   

I feed it frozen. To make it easier (and less messy) to eat, I cut it into quarters. It will still make somewhat of a mess, though. A separate feeding container, if you have the time, is good.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA


Return to Feeding and Nutrition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 184 guests