Page 1 of 1

Forgot to feed my lil guy / gal yesterday (12/11/08)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:20 am
by MoreBloodWine
Will me forgetting to feed Niko yesterday be bad for him / her in anyway. I'm kinda leaning towards no because I know in the wild there are times where a turtle might not eat for a day or more. But with Niko being a 5 month old hatching one has to be concerned to a degree.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:32 am
by steve
Nah, don't worry about missed day. Do try to keep the feedings/servings consistent and just be aware that it's easier to overfeed than anything else.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:38 am
by MoreBloodWine
Oh, I'm nothing if consistent with feeding... I just made a small trip today (yesterday) and meant to feed when I got home but it slipped my mind. This is honestly the first time I've missed a feeding. When I do feed though this is what I do, I alternate between two foods. So one day he / she gets Mazouri pellets while the next he/she will get Reptomin sticks then the day after that I go back to the pellets so on and so forth.

On the day that I feed Mazouri pellets Niko gets 5 of them because of their relatively small size and on the day I feed the Reptomin sticks I feed 3 of them. Then once a month I will also give a baby shrimp or two as a treat ontop of the regular food (yes I know thats under debate with some people in the sense that when treats are fed regular food should not be fed).

Other than that I'll throw a piece of cuttlebone in the tank every few days. I'm still struggling with fruits n veggies though.