Page 1 of 2

Too smart for her own good?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:00 am
by BullDog
I feed Frankie a headful of pellets every second day. On non-pellet nights, she gets assorted veggies.

The thing is, I'm sure she can keep track of what nights she gets pellets!

During the day, and on non-pellet nights, she glances at me like, "Yeah, what do you want human slave?", and she'll be mildly interested when I put veg in her tank.
But any time I go in the room after about 6pm on a pellet night, she freaks out like a normal turtle! As soon as I open the lid, she's practically climbing out, mouth wide open like, "Insert pellets here!!!"

I'm sure she's got it figured out that she gets pellets every second night, and not just any time she begs for them.

I tell ya... Don't turn your backs on the turtles... They're smarter than we give them credit for o_o

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 am
by untsmurf
:lol: They're definitely very smart. Does Frankie freak out before you take out the food or just once she sees the container?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 am
by BullDog
She freaks out as soon as she sees me! Even if I walk past without stopping she starts begging on pellet nights.

Ralph on the other hand will freak out any time I even go near the tank. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:24 am
by untsmurf
That's hilarious. Mikey will only start freaking out if we hover around the tank for a bit. We walk by his tank on the way to the kitchen and the bathroom, so if we don't stick around, he doesn't care.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:58 pm
by JAS722
Thats too funny :) :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:31 pm
by TupacTheTurle
i feed tupac every second morning before school and on those days i wake up and look directly at his tank and he flying back in forth out front waiting for me to turn his lights on and give him his pellets. its hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:56 pm
by NicoleBell
LOL, at least I'm not alone!
When I gab the repomin container Neptune starts to flip out, swimming like crazy turtle and opens her mouth. lol it's so cute!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:22 pm
by Bi1l
Mine goes crazy every morning when i turn the lights on and feed it and remains calm for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:44 pm
by turtle_love
my turtles live in my bedroom with me i have roommates so they kinda have to be in my room but its fine i love it the filter sound puts me to sleep lol but my point is im around them soo much and i interact with them soo much that everytime they see me standing near there tank there on me right there looking at me "mom mom mom mama... saying i want food!!! there cute

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:48 pm
by BullDog
turtle_love wrote:my turtles live in my bedroom with me i have roommates so they kinda have to be in my room but its fine i love it the filter sound puts me to sleep lol but my point is im around them soo much and i interact with them soo much that everytime they see me standing near there tank there on me right there looking at me "mom mom mom mama... saying i want food!!! there cute


Lol! I know! That's like Ralph! He'll be splashing around, like "Mom! Hey mom! Look at me mom!", then if I open the lid and look at him, he just stops and looks at me like, "... Hi mom! ^_^"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:24 pm
by Arisu
Ahhhh too much turtle cute-ness. Big Turtle splashes like crazy every time he sees my hand. I think he thinks my hand poos out food.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:50 pm
by moldygrape
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THOSE JERKS THEYRE
GREAT! THEY ARE TOO SMART!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:17 pm
by Dormant
haha, my turtle does the exact same thing. He'll fly on top of his basking area and begbegbegbegbegbeg until I give him his preciousssss.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:26 am
by queenjane
Tank only acknowledges my existence when there is shrimp involved.

He's an addict. Currently he's in rehab for shrimp addiction because it's caused him Vit. A deficiency and shedding problems.

He's a picky hatchling, but they tell me that he won't starve... eventually he'll eat the pellets, or the soft food, or the jello shots, or the other 092308402384 I've tried feeding him. So no more shrimp.

But yes, when there is shrimp involved, you'd think he was a dog. I swear, "OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY! GIMME! GIMME DA SHRIMP! ARRR! SHRIMMMMMPPPP!!! HAPPY SHRIMP DANCE!"

I even have photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/queenjane/3028810644/in/set-72157606902093369/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/queenjane/3028816196/in/set-72157606902093369
In that second one, you can see how crappy his shell looks. Currently his eyes are half-shut so we're also on an eyedrop treatment. My poor addicted baby turtle...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:52 am
by briannashea
millie definitely knows what his pellet canister looks like...when he sees that bright yellow lid on the reptomin bottle he panics as if I might change my mind and not feed him.

he starts splashing in one spot for a while, then splashes back and forth right then left over and over, then splashes all around his tank with his neck stuck out so far I think his head's going to fall off, then he swims around like a nutcase but slows down his splashing to a more serious and purposeful plunk---plunk------PLUNK, like he's pretending he's slowly dying from starvation waiting for me to prepare his food.