Page 1 of 1

How often?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:02 am
by DebbieJean
BammBamm has decided that he likes his veggies. I'm wondering how often I should give him squash? Is it a once a week food? He also likes collard greens, red lettuce and carrot.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:24 pm
by BullDog
Squash is good, and I think once a week is good. It's best if they get a good variety.
That being said, sometimes my guys will get a "once a week" food (squash, sweet pot, etc.) twice in one week, but then not have it again for 3 or more weeks. That's fine too, as long as they don't get too much of one thing.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:06 pm
by marisa
I haven't fed squash in a while, but have been giving some sweet potato or yam as well as carrot peels weekly. For me, frequency depends on how perishable the food is and how much is given at a time. I will give a food that doesn't last long more than once a week to use it up faster and then not buy it again for a while. I'd vary the collard greens and red lettuce with dandelions and other leafy greens as well.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:33 am
by DebbieJean
Thanks for both of your replies.