Feeding and Nutrition :: calcium powder

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:37 pm   calcium powder

ive given up on cuttlebone. i can never seem to get the backing off so i decided to start using calcium powder on the food. question though is what kind is a good kind? ive seen rep cal with multivitamins, rep cal with d3, flukers brand, and i have no idea what is best. also, how should i go about dusting the food? do i need to get it wet first? thanks for the help
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:26 pm   

I use the rep cal with D3. I just poured some into a reptomin container and I shake the pellets before I feed them to my turtles. It leaves a fair amount of dust on them, some of which will wash off, but since I store the pellets in the powder I hope enough seeps into the crevices to make a difference.
2 RES: Leo (f) and Ezra (m)
1 Russian Tortoise: Godzilla (m)
User avatar
megcornell
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 3206
Joined: Apr 30, 2006
Location: New York, NY

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:29 pm   

That's a good idea...I might try that.
1.0.0 RES-Slash
1.2.0 Cat-Abby/Cali/Nemo
0.1.0 Yorkie-Lucie
1.0.0 Jack Russell Terrier-Cooper
I have lots of ideas! Trouble is, most of them suck!
User avatar
PcBuilder14
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Jul 3, 2008
Location: Maud, Texas


Return to Feeding and Nutrition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 170 guests