Feeding and Nutrition :: Mint?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:51 pm   Mint?

Does anyone know if mint is on the good list/bad list for RES?

According to this website peppermint and spearmint have >3:1 calcium to phosphorus ratio.

Mint tends to go wild here. We planted some in two pots several years ago, and it is now in almost all the pots we possess :P
We've got two types, one is English mint, which is kind of fuzzy and more aggressive, and I don't know about the other. We planted chocolate mint at one point, but it doesn't smell to chocolaty.

Is there any reason not to try a leaf or two of mint with the turts?
They love cilantro, so I was thinking maybe they like strongly flavoured herbs?

I'm always looking for new and available things to add to the turt's diet :)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:35 pm   

I dont know alot about plants but I'd go for it. It won't hurt to try.
User avatar
Take-One
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Mar 15, 2008
Location: Where Destiny is calling me.


Return to Feeding and Nutrition

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 129 guests