Page 1 of 1

New 20 gallon... need to clean?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:50 pm
by yertle_the_girl_turtle
Do I need to clean the new 20 gallon I got at Petsmart yesterday? And how?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:55 pm
by yertle_the_girl_turtle
Anyone?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:59 pm
by adam85491
Take it outside, rinse it out about five times, than get a squirt bottle with a 5% bleach/water solution and spray a few times and rinse extremely well (like six or seven times) and then put it in the sun to dry a few times. That is like if you are paranoid, though I would at least get a clean cloth and rinse it several times first....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:18 pm
by RunninWideOpen
All I did when I first got both of my tanks is wipe them down with dilluted white vinegar (like 30/70 vinegar/warm water). Then I rinsed them twice with straight water. I used a sponge for everything, although a clean rag would probably do to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:54 pm
by DavidY
He he, I just rinsed mine out in the bathtub a few times. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:21 am
by myrtle1123
Yeah like David Said just do a quick rinse and then dump it out and refill it with the regular water you are going to use' or spray it with the hose