Page 1 of 1

Possible new setup!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:34 pm
by BullDog
Ok, I don't have anything yet, but I was getting so excited because everything is coming together and I just had to tell someone who would actually care :P My sister is going to pick up a new tank because she lives closer. It's ~80 gallons, 48L x 18W x 21H and it comes with a couple of new uva and uvb fixtures (including bulbs), a stand, and some other lizard stuff that I probably won't use (it was used previously for a bearded dragon). Also, I ordered a fluval 404 from ebay (my first ebay buy ever!) which is on its way from Quebec (currently in Ontario). Basically, all that's left is to figure out what to do for a new basking area (whether a zoomed turtle dock or something home built) and maybe some new tank accessories :D

It's still a while away from being set up, but I just had to get that out :lol:

Also, when I do finally get it, do you think I should just put the items that are currently in Ralph's tank into the new one so he's not overwhelmed or something, and gradually add more accessories in the weeks after that? After all, he's been in the same tank with the same accessories for probably about 7 years now ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:47 pm
by kneecole
That sounds great! How big was the previous home?

How many "accessories" are you planning on adding? I would keep everything at a minimum... seeing as how objects in the tank are mainly for our enjoyment and just take up swimming space for the turtle. I would just stick with what you had in the old tank I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:55 pm
by BullDog
I was thinking about adding a few fake plants, and maybe a little ornament or something (for my enjoyment ;)) Right now, there's only some river rocks and a rock "cave" for him to hide. I think he'll have plenty of swim room, because I can put the water and dock as high as possible so he'll have enough room to bask, and I have a "lid" all worked out... (at least in theory :lol:)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:15 pm
by missibsu
Congrats! I can't wait to see your pics when you get it set up. Unless you don't want to use the current accessories, you might as well put them in. Otherwise they are just going to sit.