Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:22 pm Re: Water level in tank for new turtle
TURTLES SWIM? Just kidding. I really couldn't help myself!! Good question. too many times do I see them without enough water. I also notice your new here consider some sand for your tank. TURTLES like sand! Happy turtle watching! My 2 are something else .I have a 40 gal wide breader tank and its filled to within 3" of the top. My kids are about 2" & 3" long.They spend most of the day under water. In the summer they bask a lot but this is the first winter with me and they don't really bask at all? Turtles are strange. Enjoy.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)
300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.