Habitat - Indoor :: [Video] Chang's Final Home

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 pm   [Video] Chang's Final Home

Here it is, he is all set up in his 55 gallon tank, enjoying all the free room to swim his little heart out. He seems to really enjoy his new tank and everything that comes with it! Enjoy the video and if you have a youtube account please subscribe!! :D Cheers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wJj2KHm1Yo[/youtube]
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:19 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

Bumpity Bumps.
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:31 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

Looks good. Did you remove the backing on the cuttlebone?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:14 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

Well if you look, theres only half the cuttle bone. The other half, I took the backing off, and chunked it into pieces and they werent being eaten. So I decided to use one of my clips to hold it and have the backing facing the back and the soft part so Chang can get to it. I was using it to see if he would be interested in the cuttle bone if it was securely held in place. And he has taken pieces out of it, I can see small crescent shaped scrapes along the front of the bone so I'm guessing he's been eating it. Sometime this week I will take my pocketknife to the backing now that I know he will eat it with it being held down.
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

You won't be able to hold it down with the backing off, it'll be too soft. I just cut most of the backing off except for a small piece along the length in the center and let it float, which it did for about a week, now it occupies various locations on the bottom of the tank, but he does nibble at it, it is getting progressively smaller as time goes by, and you can see the bite marks where he has been eating it.
5 inch RES male named Jordtim
Hardware: 75 gallon tank (21"H X 48"W X 18"D), FX5 filter with veipacray media setup, pool filter sand substrat, TurtleSafe halogen heat/UVA lamp and ReptiGlo 5.0 UVB lamp in ZooMed Dual Dome Fixture.
PridgNYC
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Aug 24, 2011
Location: Port Washington, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:24 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

I may just keep it on... I mean, with the backing not in biting range would it really do harm? I can see if/when he gets to the backing if he gets down that far and just cut that section off. Or I could remove all the backing except the top part where I can clamp it.

Believe me, I've tried everything from adding it to his food bowl when we put him in a separate bowl to feed, to letting it float, and cutting it in chunks. And all those times he didn't touch it. Now there's definitely some Chang bite marks on it. So having it clamped looks more appealing to him, I guess...
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:58 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

I initially didn't remove the backing and just put the whole thing in there, the good thing is that after I found out I had to remove the backing, it peels right off after soaking in water for a few days. That's how I was able to remove all but a thin strip along the center.
5 inch RES male named Jordtim
Hardware: 75 gallon tank (21"H X 48"W X 18"D), FX5 filter with veipacray media setup, pool filter sand substrat, TurtleSafe halogen heat/UVA lamp and ReptiGlo 5.0 UVB lamp in ZooMed Dual Dome Fixture.
PridgNYC
 
Posts: 527
Joined: Aug 24, 2011
Location: Port Washington, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:53 pm   Re: [Video] Chang's Final Home

Sweet, I'll keep that in mind. I may just let it in there until he chews down close to the backing. Then I'll cut the backing off.
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 118 guests