Habitat - Indoor :: Filter/Algae , please help

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am   Filter/Algae , please help

I have a 20 gallon tank, and currently I have the Tetra ReptoFilter In-tank Filter 10i, for Terrariums up to 20 Gallons. I am starting to have a tiny bit of algae problems and was wondering what everyone uses to keep algae away. Also looking to upgrade my filter, I know it isn't strong enough just wondering what is the best, affordable filter for my 20 gallon tank. :) :mrgreen: Really appreciate the help! :D
1-Miniature Dachshund- Female, 4 years old
1- RES -Red Forman
1- Iguana, 1 1/2 year -Louis the Lizard
User avatar
redforman
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Jun 20, 2011
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:56 am   Re: Filter/Algae , please help

Walmart has the hang over the side ones, they should do good. I have a 60Gal rated one for my 40 breeder and the water is crystal clear :) And i have plants in my tank. Just make sure you have more than enough filtration.

And if your turtle is a small guy, you could get a pleco. I have a 3 inch one with my 1 inch and 1.5 inch
RESAddict
 
Posts: 10
Joined: May 25, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 am   Re: Filter/Algae , please help

This might help: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28813
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 88 guests