Habitat - Indoor :: Advice

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:06 am   Advice

I recently built an ATBA (well, my mom's bf did) and I don't know if I want to keep it it's natural colour (wood) or paint it black. Suggestions?

The actual basking area hasn't been made yet. We will be taking out the dock and making something later. I am hoping to do something with real wood for a more natural feel. I also want to get some fake plants to decorate the inside and make it more natural. I don't plan on painting the inside (just the outside).

Unfortunately, there are no plans to make a stand. I do plan on sewing a black skirt together, though, to hide all the junk underneath.

PS. Sorry for bad quality, taken late at night with iphone. And sorry for messy room. I've gotta clean it up!

Image

Image
Karawr
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Jun 17, 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:08 am   Re: Advice

I think the natural color looks ok. But since I have photoshop open, let's see...
Attachments
black_atba.jpg
black_atba.jpg (115.36 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:01 am   Re: Advice

Nice PS skills steve.

I like the black as it matches the stand.

If you do however decide to keep it natural, put a finishing coat on that wood to seal it...like a water based poly.
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:16 pm   Re: Advice

It's the limit of what I can do @ 5am :)
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 139 guests