Habitat - Indoor :: See my babies basking live...

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:48 pm   See my babies basking live...

dtarver
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Dec 5, 2008
Location: NYC

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 pm   Re: See my babies basking live...

Looks cozy :)
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:29 pm   Re: See my babies basking live...

Bleh, video is only in flash. Can't see it from my iPad. Live basking cam is a great idea....kudos!
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 pm   Re: See my babies basking live...

I set it up to make sure they could use the contraption I created. I have a 140 gallon tank with an 18x24 terrarium on top. I use cork-bark to create a ramp for them to climb up and Plexiglas to prevent them from falling out. vinyl covered chicken wire cut to fit the top prevents them from crawling out the tank since the water is at the top of the tank. The terrarium is their basking area. The female is 9" and the male is 6". There terrarium is glass on the sides but the front door is kept open. Right now I am not sure it is warm enough for them. I bought a thermometer but it appears to be stuck at 60 degrees.
dtarver
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Dec 5, 2008
Location: NYC

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:03 pm   Re: See my babies basking live...

I'd like to see more pictures too!
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:10 pm   Re: See my babies basking live...

Sorry, no photos...only live cam. I switch the position of the camera daily :-)
dtarver
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Dec 5, 2008
Location: NYC


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 104 guests