Habitat - Indoor :: Let's celebrate!!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:58 am   Let's celebrate!!

I got my res last August 12, 2010 and I worked hard on their tank and habitat to make sure they would have good water and a good basking spot, and ample space to swim around. I was worried I wasn't doing the right thing, because the nitrite levels were always above 5, but then last night, August 25, 2010, my nitrite test returned a zero result! Awesome!!! I did the test again today and it's still zero.. I'm relieved I've done something right, now the task at hand, keeping it at zero.
User avatar
sagoy
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Jul 24, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:55 pm   Re: Let's celebrate!!

Congrats! How big is the tank you have and what test kit are you using? I'm wondering if I should go back to testing :)
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:44 pm   Re: Let's celebrate!!

I currently just have a 25 gallon tank for 2 baby RES. Water level's 1-2 inches below the top of the tank.
User avatar
sagoy
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Jul 24, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:45 pm   Re: Let's celebrate!!

Congratulations on a job well done. :D
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:03 pm   Re: Let's celebrate!!

I do know this is just the start. Hehehe I have to maintain it. How much percentage of the partial water change is recommended. I usually do around 30%.
User avatar
sagoy
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Jul 24, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 pm   Re: Let's celebrate!!

Between 25 and 30% is fine.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA

Post Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:52 pm   Re: Let's celebrate!!

Alright, thanks..
User avatar
sagoy
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Jul 24, 2010


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 139 guests