Page 1 of 1
Turtle Topper

Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:47 pm
by kittyclover
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LICy7PWiCQg[/youtube]
Has anyone used these before and know if they come in any larger sizes for like a 90g? In the video they say it will fit up to only a 55g
Re: Turtle Topper

Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm
by theartbook35
If you do a search for the turtle topper you will find several discussions that we have already had about it.
For aesthetic reasons, I don't much care for it, and, I also don't think it would last very long for a turtle, maybe a year. I expect a turtle to outgrow it rather fast.
Re: Turtle Topper

Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:20 pm
by kittyclover
Oh sorry still new to the forum didnt think to use the search function. Thanks.
Re: Turtle Topper

Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 pm
by Ranger The Red Ear Slider
It should fit a 90 gallon if it is 13 inches wide, anything bigger I don't think you can use that.
But you can make a ATBA thats much bigger and much cheaper.... they sell for around 50 dollars right?
Plexiglass can cost anywhere from 10-20 bucks depending on the size of it then eggcrate and silicone another 5 or 7 bucks.
Re: Turtle Topper

Posted:
Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 pm
by Listen97
yeah this is just another one of those "it has a picture of a turtle so people will buy it: and the "turtles that are sold are so small so everyone will think this is a great item and last them forever". Too many companies are getting into the turtle craze now and sadly don't care about anything but the bottom line.
I work in retail and can't tell you how many things I sell that cost more and do nothing just because of a picture or name on a package.