I have a 120 gal tank (filled to 87) with a 1 and a half year old female (as far as we know) RES in it.
I recently was visiting relatives and found out they have a female RES as well. When i asked to see it i was shocked to see a turtle at least 2 inches larger then mine crammed into a 15 gal tank with a crappy filter, no dock, no light, and way too much food.
This thing just floated there in this cube tank half asleep. It didnt even react to a large group of people entering the room. I need to get this turtle outta that tank.
Im gonna try to offer to take it of thier hands for them but my primary concern is my current turtle. She is a bit smaller then the other turtle and while that turtle is fat and lazy, i fear it may try to harm mine.
Im also concerned that the filter and tank might not be adequate enough. My current filter is likely the bare minimum I could feel comforable with and I need to clean its sponges twice a week. My apartments power grid (fuses) couldnt take another internal filter running and i dont have room for an external filter.
I try to make up for it by filtering as naturally as possable. ghost shrimp, water addatives, and other fish to break up the waste. Duckweed and this odd tumbleweed looking green plant in the rocks to remove amonia and nitrates.
I know i would need a new dock, but would the size of the tank be adequate? No doubt the turtles will be a bit cramped, but that poor turtle needs to be out of its current tank ASAP.
Its bad enough that its kept in the smaller childrens bedroom...



