Habitat - Indoor :: Foam on the surface of the water?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 am   Foam on the surface of the water?

Hello :)

I sometimes feed my turtles salmon fillets from the grocery store, they love them, but after they're done eating the water starts foaming up. Is this bad for the turtles? It'll usually go away by the end of the day, but I want to know why this happens and if I should stop feeding them frozen fish.


thanks!

-Lila.
jellotoad
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 14, 2007

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:42 am   

The foam is probably from the fat or protein of the fish meat. It should be alright
for the turtles. If you don't want that to happen, feed in separate container. :)
RES - Ramen <f> (51/4")
RES - Heine <f> (43/4")
Asian Leaf Turtle - unnamed <m> (53/4")
measured at Nov 24, 2012
< my turtles' pics >
User avatar
Kemul
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Aug 31, 2008
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 242 guests