Habitat - Indoor :: sand or plain old rocks

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:12 pm   sand or plain old rocks

I have a setup right now with just a bunch of rocks at the bottom. I'm considering changing to sand because i heard it stays cleaner and i think it looks nice. my concerns are how long it will take to settle and every time i clean the cage the sand will get mixed with the water and have to settle again. Does it have to settle every time I clean the cage? are there any other problems that sand present?
turtledlucas
 
Posts: 119
Joined: May 18, 2009

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:12 am   

Have you read this sticky about sand? :)
RES - Ramen <f> (51/4")
RES - Heine <f> (43/4")
Asian Leaf Turtle - unnamed <m> (53/4")
measured at Nov 24, 2012
< my turtles' pics >
User avatar
Kemul
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Aug 31, 2008
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 120 guests