Habitat - Indoor :: I moved and updated my tank.

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:17 pm   I moved and updated my tank.

I moved back to my moms for a while to save money and in the process decided to update a few things in momo's tank. I bought the fx5 which I love so far my water is crystal clear. I got rid of the sand, all but a tiny bit on the floor still. I got a turtle dock thing for the corner and put it under water a bit for a resting area, and I built my first atba.

1 question I have about using the white eggcrate stuff for lighting is how do you you keep it on your tank? mine is just sitting on it right now but I can still move it around. How do you secure it normally?

I will add photos later. =)
Charissa =)
1 RES-Momo
1 Chihuahua-Lily
1 Male Beta-Max
1 New ferret -Riko
lunabebe4
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jan 12, 2009
Location: Seattle,WA

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:52 pm   

Just cut it exactly to the size of your tank

I think pretty much all glass tanks have a little rim around the top of the tank, for a normal lid to sit on. I just used needlenose pliers with a wire cutter at the base. Any sort of wire clipper should work fine. Just measure and cut. Then try to fit it, and make more cuts as necisary.

Then cut extra spaces for things like filter intakes, and whatnot.

**Make sure you dont cut too short, or you will have to start over. Measure twice, cut once.
Cap-hits, not Cafits.
User avatar
Caphits
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Wyoming

Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:21 pm   

Well I know I was going to add photos forever and a day ago but I have just been lazy lol...
But here are some, not very good since I used my celly phone but they will do for now. I love my fx5!!! It keeps the water so clean..

I have made some updates since I moved. I added a bubble wand for the fish, added some more plants, added a background, I made my own atba which I have been slowly modifying to how i want it and is still not done.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


and my fav photo i got of momo

Image
Charissa =)
1 RES-Momo
1 Chihuahua-Lily
1 Male Beta-Max
1 New ferret -Riko
lunabebe4
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jan 12, 2009
Location: Seattle,WA

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:25 pm   

Since I moved the basking area to them middle so it had the support of the glass shelf I realized momo likes to fly back into the water and she keeps hitting her head on the glass lol, So today its going back to the end of the tank so she has the whole tank to slow down in haha
Charissa =)
1 RES-Momo
1 Chihuahua-Lily
1 Male Beta-Max
1 New ferret -Riko
lunabebe4
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Jan 12, 2009
Location: Seattle,WA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 135 guests