Habitat - Indoor :: Hiding

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:27 am   Hiding

Hi everyone,
My new baby Roxie doesn't seem to like her basking area... she hides under it all day, only occasionally coming out from under it to eat. I've tried to pick her up and put her on it but she scrambles to get off... I feel so bad for her. I have the heating lamp and everything. I have only had her for 4 days, do you think it's just because she is still getting used to everything? I know there are other basking ramps, maybe she just needs a different style.... HELP!!!
Stace
 
Posts: 8
Joined: May 9, 2009
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:39 am   

Since it's only been 4 days, give her a few days. When I got my first initial RES, all she did was hide under her basking area all day long as well, but after a week or so, she start climbing her dock and started basking.
Supatony
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Apr 19, 2009

Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 am   

if she's healthy she'll eventually bask - she just needs to get used to the new environment.

it's just in their nature to bask -

is the basking platform easy to get on and off?
Maltliquor45
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Apr 20, 2009
Location: NYC


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 98 guests