Page 1 of 1

another mvb question

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:11 am
by nocash27
how exactly should these look when turned on?

when i turn it on, it starts off with a yellow light, like a regular bulb, then eventually its just white like a fluorescent. its still provides some heat i guess, but is that right?

i have it facing down vertically and it's an 100w bulb in a lamp that can handle up to 200w.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:33 pm
by steve
I don't use mine everyday, so I don't recall the color, but it does take a few minutes to warm up and cool down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 pm
by imderanged
I've been using a MVB for a little under a year now. Mine does the same thing (starts out dimmer/more yellow and brightens/gets whiter up after a few minutes) I have not had any problems with it, I assume it's normal!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 pm
by papoopeepoo
yellowish turning to white sounds right to me. the color change is the change from cooler filament light to the brighter mercury vapor. no worries.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:18 pm
by marisa
Mine starts out yellow, then goes to a more greenish white tint. MVBs that don't make that change either aren't working correctly or are too old (I have one that's 5 years old that does this).