Habitat - Indoor :: UVA Question

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:16 pm   UVA Question

I'm going to buy a screen top for my tank to rest my lights on. I plan on cutting a whole in the screen so that the UVB light can go through. Do I need to do this for the UVA light (which I use for the heat)? Or will the UVA rays transmit through?
1 RES, Tilly (9 months old)
1 House Rabbit, Peaches (6 years old)
ashipyor
 
Posts: 112
Joined: Jan 3, 2009
Location: Midwest

Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:38 pm   

UVB lights also give off UVA rays, so you shouldn't need to worry. :D
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 162 guests