Habitat - Indoor :: What about this filter .

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:33 pm   What about this filter .

User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:41 pm   

UG filters suck! Boo!
-robind
robind
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 26, 2008
Location: santa cruz

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:50 pm   

agreed. they suck.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:55 pm   

How about something like this

Image

I really don't one with with a water fall thingy , but I guess I will take what I can get .
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:57 pm   

You can get an internal filter, or a canister filter. I'd say those are your best bets for a filter that'll be quiet and work well for the turts.
-robind
robind
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 26, 2008
Location: santa cruz

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:15 am   

But I am poor :( .
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:25 am   

I found that an undergravel filter in combination with a canister filter worked great when I had Oscars... Those fish were so messy! But then again turtles shouldn't have gravel so you can't really use an undergravel filter with turtles.

Joey - Have you tried looking on Craigslist for a used filter? Or what about Ebay?
Toby - RES - adopted in December 2007 - 120g tank - Fluval FX5

Max - Pit Bull/Irish Setter/Dalmatian mix - adopted in March 2009
Lola - Pit Bull mix - adopted in June 2009
User avatar
meltedspork
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Feb 13, 2008
Location: Yorkville, IL, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:40 am   

Just picked one up for 25 bucks. But it was too small, now I have to resell it . Dang I am a bad shopper.
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:44 am   

joeyb, you might build a filter yourself like moldygrape is considering: http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewt ... 504#195486
-robind
robind
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 26, 2008
Location: santa cruz


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 110 guests