Habitat - Indoor :: Help needed with Basking spot.

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:11 pm   Help needed with Basking spot.

I am planing to use a cut up Tupperware container for my new basking spot. Dumb question here ,but how do I get it to stay on the tank. My cam is not working so please take a look at the crudely fashioned diagrams that i have made.

Image

Also is there some plants that I should not put in the tank.
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:04 am   

You can get waterproof adhesives for this sort of thing at your local pet store, though those may not be strong enough to support your turtle. Also, any plants that your local fish store sells ought to be fine.
-robind
robind
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 26, 2008
Location: santa cruz

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:45 am   

Is it possible to find a container that will sit on the lip of the aquarium?
You could also try suction cups, but those may not hold your turt.
You could aways use aquarium silicone.

As for plants, most are OK, but to be sure, google the name of the plant before you put it in the tank. I bought "brazilian sword", (thinking of "amazon sword"), and googled it when I got home and found out it was actually a type of lilly (poisonous).
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:47 pm   

If I have it set on top of the tank how will have set it to stick?
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:51 pm   

Well, it's a long shot, but if you found a container that was just the right size, it could friction fit onto the rim lip.
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:57 pm   

You could use some coat hanger to make some hooks and hook it on the lip of the aquarium, just make sure to check out the hooks, the hangers will rust
The Line-Up
0.0.1 Rescued RES (about 98% sure)
0.0.1 Red Ear Slider
0.0.1 Yellow Belly Slider
1.1.0 Tucson Banded Geckos
1.0.0 American Bull Frog
0.0.1 Crayfish
Many, Many, Many Goldfish

Piano piano ti vai piu lontano.....
User avatar
ilcapo21
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Aug 5, 2007

Post Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:10 pm   

I try not to use any metal pieces in my aquarium or my plumbing to avoid contaminating the water with anything, especially copper, as many fish are very sensitive to copper (I have more than just turtles).
-robind
robind
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 26, 2008
Location: santa cruz


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests