Habitat - Indoor :: Can someone post pics. of their indoor tank setup?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:31 am   Can someone post pics. of their indoor tank setup?

Can someone post pics. of their indoor tank setup?I'm relaly looking for some ideas.I'm gonna try to upgrade my turtle's tank by Christmas.So please post some pics.!!
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:53 am   

Image


Image
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:30 pm   

Daniel, what is that green net-like thing that I see on the left side of your tank?

X2 AKITA
X2 R.E. SLIDER


Respect
ALL beings.
User avatar
Arisu
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Northern California, USA

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:33 pm   

its called a reptile hammock. cujo sleeps there every night.
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:04 pm   

Just as I suspected!! I was looking at your turt just chillin' there and I was thinking "man, that looks like a freaking hammock!"

Anyway, that's awesome. I was trying to think of a sleeping place for my turtles because I've noticed that they liked to sleep in places where they're being supported while being able to reach the surface to breathe.

How much did you get it for?




Sorry for butchering the topic, I'm gonna post a picture of my setup so the thread can keep goin'.
Image

(Don't worry, I know it's small. My sister just moved out of my room so I'm in the process of setting up their 50 gallon)
User avatar
Arisu
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Northern California, USA

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:04 pm   

Ok,thanks!Here's a pic. of my setup:


Image
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:39 pm   

i honestly dont even remember how much i got it for. there are different sizes and the costs varies between the sizes

Turtle lover-it looks like the only place they have to bask is a tiny spot on the edge of that thing. you need to get a basking dock and a uvb and raise the water level
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:50 pm   

Well,that is the basking dock.Can't turtle bask and be wet?Oh,and planning on getin a UVB bulb soon,and why do I have to raise the water level?
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 pm   

No they need to be completely dry, also your turtle needs a water heater if you do not have one, and he also needs more swimming space all of these things are essential.
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:02 pm   

Well,money's tight right now,and we just bought it like a month ago,and I know my parents won't go for that.
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 pm   

I know how that is my turtles aren't in the best set up in the world either.. But little things you can do is raise the water level.. And you could try to make a little home maid basking area right now.. I don't know what materials you could use though.. Just be creative! after you raise the water level you could try getting the current basking spot you have right now to stay put in a higher location just above the water, those things your turtles would really appreciate.. And a lot of ppl have had problems with their turtles accidentally eating gravel.. I'm just trying to help don't feel like im just talking down on ur tank :/
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:19 pm   

I know.Well,I have this thin block thing that's under there,and I have another one,maybe if I put that under there,it would raise it up a little bit,but if I then raise the water,then it'll still be covered.I don't know what to put in there!!PLease someone help!!!!
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:22 pm   

They have the nifty little turtle docks that you can buy at your local pet store. They stick to the side of your tank and float about the water. There's a little slant on it that makes it easy for turtles to swim up on it. There's a few different sizes too, so you can find a perfect one for your turtle. Though, if you buy the little one you'll have to upgrade as your turtle grows.
Proud owner of Gnarles and Little Foot.
User avatar
pajamatree
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Oct 2, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:22 pm   

$crewhead,if you can,will you post a pic. of your set-up?JUst for some ideas?Because i have NONE!!!!
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:24 pm   

Soon to be upgrade to ***MUCH BETTER**

Rocks have since been removed and bought a bigger tank for $20
Image
Chris (Turtle Newb in training)
2 tiny RES (Cuff and Link)
1 3 Toed Boxie (Ms. Pineapple)
1 Dwarf Bunny (Mischa)
User avatar
chrisinva
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Aug 25, 2008
Location: Virginia

Next

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 118 guests