Habitat - Indoor :: Edit Make sure you know what you are buying.

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:37 pm   Edit Make sure you know what you are buying.

I just got a 100 gallon tank for 150 bucks. No leaks are anything. I just need to selling a stand . It was kind of sad the people buying it were in debt, and a friend told me to try to haggle the price down but I could ont bring myself to do it .

That was before this post found out that he really had a 55 gal . I don't no if they got me good , or i they did not know themselves but always watch out when you are getting stuff from E-bay or the List.
Last edited by joeybsmooth on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:51 pm   

Nice scoop! What's the footprint of the tank? You may end up needing to make a stand for it :S
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:45 pm   

Footprint ? If it is what I think it is it is like a bt over 5 feet.
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:19 pm   

Footprint is length x width. I've never seen a 100 gal in person, so I don't know how big it looks...
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 pm   

Dang I got scammed it was only a 50. I guess I will eat it, because that is how much 50 gals are any way, but still grind my gears .
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:49 pm   

Really? Can you call the people on it? What are the dimensions?

If it were me, I'd call them up and confront them...

A quick way to determine how many gallons is (length x width x height)/231
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:51 pm   

48-13-20

so it is like 55. I think I am going to resale it.

But I should have known better , his house was kind of scary. I don't to go back and confront him . And I am a pretty big guy.
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:47 am   

sorry to hear that bud, yeah the dangers of buying from somebody else. glad i found that tank calculator here before i get one i'm going to ask for the footprint first. hope you can sell it and get you another one cheap.
All I Want in Life is to be Happy!!
User avatar
Listen97
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sep 3, 2008
Location: Falling Waters WV, US
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:15 pm   

If my misfortune can help out even one other Forum member than I am a little bit happier .
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:42 pm   

ouch, that sucks! do you have any use for the 55g?
- Jessy
"Every breath we take is linked to the sea."
User avatar
zoologist
 
Posts: 1286
Joined: Jun 4, 2008
Location: Daytona, Fl

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 pm   

Yeah I can use it to upgrade, but if I was going to spend 150 on one I could have gotten one with a stand .

I reposted it on C list.
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests