Habitat - Indoor :: Measuring Temp

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:08 pm   Measuring Temp

I know the basking temp for sliders is arounf 90-95. How do yall measue this?
I have a digital thermometer that I use for the water, should I just prob that thing up on the basking site?
I am just trying not to cook my turtles.
mpittm7
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:09 pm   

i have a digital in the water and one on the basking dock. you could use a temp gun though
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:13 pm   

I dont have a temp gun. What kind of bulb do you have dan?
mpittm7
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:15 pm   

neither do i but i really want one. not just for the turtle tank but for automotive stuff too.

i have t-rex active heat bulb
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:20 pm   

a heat gun would be clutch....

i am just rearranging my tank and I am trying to see how far away to mount the clamp lamp above the basking area. I have a 50 watt Zoo Med Basking Spot lamp.

Check out the basking area I made from driftwood and some left over granite.
Image
mpittm7
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 pm   

I use a digital for my basking area. Mikey likes to lay on it :roll: But it works really well.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:24 pm   

your probably going to have to play around with it a bit. be sure and have a UVB bulb too
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:27 pm   

i have the reptisun 5.0 UVB in a fixture to fit my tank.
mpittm7
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:29 pm   

nice. how did you stick the driftwood together?
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:34 pm   

I followed the directions from the site below.

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Articl ... atform.htm

I used vinyl coated screws (deckmate-rust proof exterior screws) and before I snuged the screws in a used aquarium silicone to seal it up tight.
mpittm7
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 14, 2008

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:36 pm   

nice. looks good
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 pm   

I am moving all my stuff up to college with me and I am also going with sand. Would ammonia remover rather then the carbon be a good idea, because I am basically starting over?
mpittm7
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Jul 14, 2008


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 145 guests