Habitat - Indoor :: tank divider

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:30 am   tank divider

Does anyone know a good tank divider? I have 2 small turts in a 55 gal tank, that I've had to separate because of aggression. i bought one of those flimsy tank dividers, but the problem is one of my turts(a male I think), keeps getting his long front claws caught in the holes in it while he is looking at the other turt across the divider. i am planning to get a bigger tank in a couple of months, but I'm afraid he really might get stuck. he pulls and yanks until he gets the claw unstuck, but i don't want him injured. He is about 16 months only and 1.5 inches. Any divider suggestions would be appreciated!
limu'smom
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 23, 2007

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:13 am   

a peice of plexi glass maybe
Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you move a wall

1.0.0 Red Ear Slider-Cujo
0.2.0 part Boston Terrier part Pugs-Hershey and Lilly
Daniel3507
 
Posts: 2152
Joined: Aug 18, 2007
Location: Oklahoma

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 am   

You could try somthing like this: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2753067

and I think my petsmart carries these: http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe ... 1217609025
notoch351
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Ontario Canada

Post Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm   

Plastic egg crates with suction cups on the side work really well. They allow for great water flow, and are easily removed for cleaning purposes.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests