Habitat - Indoor :: New MVB Bulb

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm   New MVB Bulb

So I just got my MVB bulb in the mail from reptilesupply.com. Awesome. I love it. Now I only need one lamp and the light looks more natural. I have it about 11 inches from his platform. Keeps it at a nice 95.6 degrees... just how he likes it.

I'm hoping the extra UVB will help Hurley shed his scutes.
Dave in NJ
*1 Male RES Hurley 4 yrs old * 3 cats Joe,Jak and Pip * 3 crested geckos Izabella, Lil Lady & Striker (plus 6 baby cresties) * 1 Wife Kristel *
User avatar
donchewliano
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 25, 2008
Location: Blackwood, NJ

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am   

Nice! What brand did you get? It will definitely help his shell!! :D :D
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:53 am   

N4784N R4613 wrote:Nice! What brand did you get? It will definitely help his shell!! :D :D


It a T-Rex 100w Active UV Flood.

Where in Philly do you live? I'm right across the Walt Whitman in Jersey. Used to live on 15th and Spruce until the rent became INSANELY expensive.
Dave in NJ
*1 Male RES Hurley 4 yrs old * 3 cats Joe,Jak and Pip * 3 crested geckos Izabella, Lil Lady & Striker (plus 6 baby cresties) * 1 Wife Kristel *
User avatar
donchewliano
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 25, 2008
Location: Blackwood, NJ

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:32 am   

I don't like giving my exact location on the internet, so I use Philly as "in the general area" type thing. I actually live in a suburb about 20 minutes outside Philly. :) I am about 30 minutes from the Walt Whitman. I have some friends and family in Jersey that I visit every-so-ofter. Not as much as I should, if you know what I mean. :) :roll: Its cool though, this forum has 5 to 10 menbers all living around this general area, like within an hour of each other! :D
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:35 am   

N4784N R4613 wrote:I don't like giving my exact location on the internet, so I use Philly as "in the general area" type thing. I actually live in a suburb about 20 minutes outside Philly. :) I am about 30 minutes from the Walt Whitman. I have some friends and family in Jersey that I visit every-so-ofter. Not as much as I should, if you know what I mean. :) :roll: Its cool though, this forum has 5 to 10 menbers all living around this general area, like within an hour of each other! :D


Gotcha... That's pretty cool.
Dave in NJ
*1 Male RES Hurley 4 yrs old * 3 cats Joe,Jak and Pip * 3 crested geckos Izabella, Lil Lady & Striker (plus 6 baby cresties) * 1 Wife Kristel *
User avatar
donchewliano
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 25, 2008
Location: Blackwood, NJ

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:12 pm   

i live in jersey 2 :) not real far from walt whitman
ashleygamergirl
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Nov 4, 2007
Location: new jersey

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:23 pm   

ashleygamergirl wrote:i live in jersey 2 :) not real far from walt whitman


Awesome!
Dave in NJ
*1 Male RES Hurley 4 yrs old * 3 cats Joe,Jak and Pip * 3 crested geckos Izabella, Lil Lady & Striker (plus 6 baby cresties) * 1 Wife Kristel *
User avatar
donchewliano
 
Posts: 147
Joined: Feb 25, 2008
Location: Blackwood, NJ


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 153 guests