Page 1 of 2
Kordon ramps

Posted:
Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:50 pm
by csmiley
I looking at buying a Kordon ramp but have to purchase it online. I was wondering if anyone here has one of these ramps. Then my question would be what size ramp did you get and what size aquarium do you have?
Then, of course, are you happy with ramp?
Not being able to see the ramp and how it sizes up with my current or future tanks tends to make this particular purchase a little difficult. I looked at dimensions but real world experience is always best.
Thanks.

Posted:
Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:38 pm
by TheComputerGremlin
I had the exact same issue. I just decided to go with something else altogether.

Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 am
by BullDog
Is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NG ... roduct_top
I know a few people have a similar ramp, not sure if it's the same one.
One review on that Amazon.com link said the medium fit his 10gallon tank, so it sounds like they may be on the small size.

Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:57 am
by octpusgirl8
I have one (the biggest) in my 75 gal tank, i love it. It's easy to clean and the turtle seems to enjoy it.

Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 am
by Petrucci_M3
I have the medium sized one in a 29 gallon tank. My turtles have gotten so big that I need either the larger one or two. Nice ramps those.

Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 pm
by csmiley
BullDog wrote:Is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NG ... roduct_topI know a few people have a similar ramp, not sure if it's the same one.
One review on that Amazon.com link said the medium fit his 10gallon tank, so it sounds like they may be on the small size.
Yep. That's the one.
Thanks for the responses. Keep 'em coming.


Posted:
Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:21 pm
by LOBO
yeah im thinkin about gettin one of these as well. but onyl if the one i have doesnt work out and i cant find a peice of bark big enough. i really would like my tank to look natural but i hear these make great basking areas

Posted:
Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:44 pm
by DocShay
^^If you want a natural one...and you don't mind doing a little bit of work to make one do what I did (before I made my "out of tank basking area)
Get a large peice of drift wood - I lucked out and found a hallow log type one, nice and round and long. Then get some suction cups, drill some holes into the drift wood and attach them. Them stick it to your tank.
It'll be held in place, and look like its just floating there.
My turtles loved it!

Posted:
Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:58 pm
by LOBO
wow awesome idea. i'll keep that in mind. my goal with my tank is 2 part. one: as natural looking as i can while sticking with part 2. part 2: as easily cleanable as posible.

Posted:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:39 pm
by jridge
I have one....It is the Large size, which will fit perfectly into a 29gallon or larger tank.....The only problem I have is that Sam likes to dive off the end of it and runs his little head into the glass at the other end !! But, so far he hasn't knocked himself out !!


Posted:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:13 pm
by SpotsMama
Here's my Spot on his large ramp. He likes it a lot. I use a couple of algae scrubber magnets to hold the ramp in place - he's large enough that the ramp slips when all that's holding it in place are the suckers.


Posted:
Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:35 pm
by grey goose
It's SUPERSPOT!


Posted:
Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:17 am
by fluz2
i have two of those in espy's tank. i used a hair dryer to heat up 1 of them to straighten out the bends, for more flat basking area. only problem i've had is after awhile suction cups lose their sticking power. i used coat hanger wire to loop under them then over the side of the tank to hold up. after awhile the green material will come loose and flake off

Posted:
Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:32 am
by N4784N R4613

Posted:
Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:05 pm
by SpotsMama
He He! I call that picture of Spot, "Ready to Launch".
When I eventually change out this ramp, much as I like it, I'll probably get cork bark to replace it. Spot uses cork bark outside and really likes it. Here's pic of someone who's used cork bark in an aquarium:
This one was from RESnTX. He cut the piece of bark to size and wedged it between the walls of the tank.
DocShay is another who's used corkbark to make a platform. He fastened rubber suckers to the corkbark to hold it in place in the tank.