Habitat - Indoor :: Rexi's new setup

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:24 pm   Rexi's new setup

Its still not much but I figure it is better in so many ways. Well it started of with a friend getting rid of this wonderful fish tank with stand all custom made. From my measurements it is approximately a 28 to 30 gallon tank which I have completely full compared to her old setup which is a 20 long that is a little over half full. Then I added a outside basking area which gives her a whole 1.5 feet of space for basking. There is also a 200 watt heater which seems to be holding a steady 76 to 78 degrees F. If you noticed there is a small Penguin filter for now, just to keep the water circulating, until a brand spankin new Rena XP3 comes on Tuesday and as soon as that gets all installed she will be put into her new home at least until she is a little bigger and I can afford a more suitable much larger tank. She is about 6 inches so it is about half of what she is suppose to have but it has twice the water she is used to having for swimming. I kept that in mind so I also added a resting spot which I am sure she will have fun pushing around when she gets bored.

Image

Image

NEW VS OLD SETUP (NEW ON RIGHT OLD ON LEFT)
Image
User avatar
Vtolds
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Nov 5, 2007
Location: Stowe, VT

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:27 pm   

Oh, wow!!! Nice set-up!!! She is going to love it!!! :D :D :D
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:25 pm   

Nice upgrade! That's a pretty tank too!
kgielda
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Oct 16, 2007
Location: South Jersey

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:54 pm   

What a great upgrade! Your turtle is going to be a very happy camper. I love the design of your above tank basking area too. Can your turtles get up in there easily? What about lights - are those going to be added later?
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:08 pm   

Yea all the lights are going to be moved from the old tank when we move her over. I dont for see and problem with her climbing up the ramp into the basking area. It is actually a Rubbermaid lid with some shelf liner for grip and under the carpeting I used some more shelf liner to help keep the wood as dry as possible.
User avatar
Vtolds
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Nov 5, 2007
Location: Stowe, VT

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:45 pm   

Vtolds ---- Looks like a good set up! Keep one thing in mind. Turtles will eat almost anything. Many years ago I put a piece of carpet on a basking dock and one of them started eating it.. I did not realize it until I saw some of it hanging out of his butt. I had to remove it with tweezers as he could not pass it or eat. They were well fed however, he ate enough to get stopped up. Just a note on that.....
mikee
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Nov 4, 2007

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:20 pm   

It automotive carpeting so it is more fuzzy than stringy, get what I am saying?
User avatar
Vtolds
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Nov 5, 2007
Location: Stowe, VT

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:44 pm   

Looks like a great upgrade! :D
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 pm   

Nice!!Your turtle will love it
2 RES Jack and Turbo
1 Shih-tzu/Poodle mix Cookie
User avatar
turboturtle8
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Apr 4, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:19 pm   

Well she is in it, looks like she likes it. SHe is just king of sitting at the top right now and hasnt really discovered the larger open area for her at the other end.
User avatar
Vtolds
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Nov 5, 2007
Location: Stowe, VT

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:23 pm   

Pictures
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Vtolds
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Nov 5, 2007
Location: Stowe, VT

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:39 pm   

what filter is that? is it enought for such a big tank?

btw what's the size of the new tank?
bin4christ
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 4, 2007

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:25 pm   

Your turtle is gorgeous!
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests